FREE STEM Field Trip for Educators
Empower youth to seek out careers in the exciting and well paying field of Aviation. This Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) event will answer the age old question of “will I ever use this in the real world?” Universities, Flight Schools, and many aviation businesses from South Florida will be present to engage and educate students.
The U.S. Coast Guard Air Base Miami will be open for tours. See their helicopters, planes, and boats in this once a year open house.
Who can go?
Any Public, Private, or Homeschool educator in Florida or the Caribbean. Groups MUST be registered using the above form.
When is it?
Friday, April 21st 2017 from 9am-3pm.
Where is it? How do I get my kids there?
Miami Opa Locka Executive Airport, at Signature Flight Support located at 14933 NW 41st Ave, Opa-Locka, FL 33054. The location is safe and secured by Miami-Dade police & fire rescue. Please carpool or organizes buses as parking is limited. SAFEE does not provide bus transportation for schools. Please contact your school district officials for busing.
What activities do you have for students?
- Aircraft on Display, Jets, DC-3s, and Helicopters
- Simulator zone to find out if you have what it takes to fly
- Kids zone full of Legos, paper airplanes, and even Dusty from Disney’s Planes Movie
- Universities, flight schools, and airlines have booths and demonstrations
- Food Trucks for lunch
Jobs in Aviation:
- Miami International Airport is the #1 Employer in Miami-Dade
- 1 in 4 Jobs in Miami-Dade is related to Aviation
- Pilots, Technicians, and Air Traffic Controllers can make 6 figure salaries!
- There are 22 Flight Schools and 5 University Aviation Programs in SFL
- Miami International Airport is the busiest International Cargo Airport in the Country
- 50% of FAA certified Pilots received at least 1 Certificate or Rating in Miami