- Posted on:
Operation SAFEE Flight is dedicated to helping children stay in school, improve their academic performance and explore STEM education and career possibilities in the aviation industry.
2016 Summer Camp Registration:
The registration for each camp is on the Eventbrite links below and on a first come first served basis:
- Florida Memorial Univ. Camp – June 13-17
- George T. Baker Technical College – June 20-24
- Broward College/Embry-Riddle Univ. – July 11-15
- The location for each camp is on the Eventbrite registration application
- The cost for each camp varies ranging from free to $125/youth
- The time for each camp is 8:30AM to 2:30PM
Contact Director Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
Below are the four academies with locations, dates and times:
Town of Miami Lakes
- June 28th – 9AM – 12noon
- Royal Oaks Park: 16500 NW 87th Miami Lakes, FL 33018
Liberty Square Project
- July 12th – 10AM – 12noon
- Miami Northwestern SHS: Ave 1100 NW 71st St Miami, FL 33150
City of Sweetwater
- August 2nd – 9AM – 12noon
- Jorge Mas Canosa Youth Center: 250 SW 114th Ave Miami, FL 33174
City of Doral
- August 9th – 9AM – 12noon
- Morgan Levy Park: 5300 NW 102 Ave Doral, FL 33178
Aviation professionals are needed to assist at these academies. Contact Darrell Roberts if you or your organization can support at an event.
Additionally, the SAFEE SOARs reward program pays for the 1st year membership to a Civil Air Patrol squadron, for three academy-camp youths that are interested in lifting their aviation experience even higher.
- For the ACE camps we have joined up with seven educational partners. Our partners this year are Miami Dade College, Florida Memorial University, George T. Baker, I-Tech, Broward College, Emery-Riddle University and Miramar SHS. Each camp will vary in length between three to five days. Each organization has developed their specialized aviation related curriculum. Each camp will include opportunities to interact with industry professionals, take aviation industry tours and each youth would have the opportunity to take a Discovery Flight.
- For the Academies we partner with three cities (Doral, Miami Lakes and Opa-Locka) and the Miami Dolphins Community Service Academy). The academy is two days of STEM activities for each city which is one day for the youth to interact with Aviation Professionals, experience Flight Simulators, NASA Smart Skies training and other STEM educational activities. On day two each city selects youth to experience a day at the airport. The youth selected by the city will have opportunity to tour the Opa-Locka Airport Traffic Control Tower and the USCG Facilities. They also will take a Discovery Flight that is conducted by Flight schools that partner with SAFEE.
I want to thank you for the opportunity given to my son, Alexander M. Martinez, to attend the Safee ACE Camp this summer; he has not stopped talking about it. It is so wonderful to hear him talk about the different areas of aviation and to see the impact the “etiquette” part of the class had on him and his confidence.
I am ever so grateful to all the professionals that took the time to share their experience and to impact the lives of these children in such a positive manner.
May God continue to bless each and every one of you with the continued ability to touch children’s lives.
With warm regards,
Mrs. Veronica R.
ACE Camp Overview:
The Camp is range from a three to six days camp in length. Aviation professionals take part in the camp is multiple areas. We educate the youth of career opportunities and take field trips to airports and within the aviation industry. The students apply practical real life application, work on skills development and practice on Flight Sims and NASA Smart Skies Interactive programs. At the end of the camp the youth take advantage of Discovery Flights.
Tuesday – SAFEE brings Aviation professionals to the city with Flight Sims and NASA Smart Skies Interactive programs.
Thursday – SAFEE team takes 20-30 youth selected by the city to Opa-Locka Airport to tour the OPF ATCT, and the USCG base. The youth also take Discovery Flights to experience the thrill of flying an airplane.
Aviation Professionals include: Air Traffic Controllers, Pilots, Avionics Techs, Inspectors, Aircraft Mechanics, Flight Attendants, Flight schools, etc.;
Organizations partnering with SAFEE include: NATCA, NBCFAE, AAR, PASS, NHCFAE, OBAP, PWC, DOT, FAA, MDAD, Orion, Landmark, Flight schools and MDAD;